Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Look, it's a blog

My first blog entry. Well, actually I was kind of blogging long before the word "blog" existed, but I guess I didn't really update it often enough to count. Maybe this time round :)

Anyway, work's been pretty busy lately as it's release time again. I'm still enjoying it though. The application I'm currently working on (Pocket RAMM) has given me an opportunity to do some good OO architecture work, building on our previous "Pocket" applications except redoing a few things properly this time, internally that is. It has the potential to be a very useful application for our clients as well, which is always motivating.

Looks like I'll be heading off to Australia next month for the Citrix iForum conference. I decided to take the weekend as well so I'll have to find some interesting things to do in Sydney (hope I get some good weather!).

Movies seen lately:
  • Hostage - not bad. I went and saw this because I was locked out of the house one evening, and it was time well spent. Some great action, although Bruce Willis's acting was a little weaker than usual in parts, but still good.
  • Revenge of the Sith - about what I was expecting. Visually spectacular, and it had some great moments, but Hayden Christensen's acting was so bad it spoilt the whole movie. I can't understand why they cast him as Anakin Skywalker. Oh well, I don't suppose George Lucas really cares, the film is still raking it in.
  • And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself - highly recommended. Antonio Banderas gives the performance of his career.
  • Parallax View - good story, but the direction and production left a lot to be desired. Still, I guess it was 1974; a lot of films from that era have a similar feel.
  • The Quiet American - worth seeing. Great performances and a compelling story.
  • Garden State - very entertaining. I was particularly impressed by Natalie Portman, and Zach Braff shows his skill as a writer/director as well as an actor.
As usual I've bought a few DVDs recently as well, including The Butterfly Effect. I saw it at the movies when it came out, and it's a great film, although the DVD I got was the director's cut and they have changed the ending and a few other parts to match. The new ending works, but I'd have to say I prefer the theatrical ending.

No comments: